Monday, August 2, 2010

Make it Monday - A little handmade love

This month at Scraptherapy we are all about lovely handmade goodness.  From crafting to cooking we are loving getting back to making things with our own hands, and giving our papercrafts a lovely handmade feel.


To kick start the month, I wanted to show you something that has been featuring on my layouts quite a bit.  I need to add first that I can't actually crochet, knit yes!!  but crochet, NOPE.  I just can't get it.  I CAN crochet a string of chain stitch though :)  and so can you.

I love the look I get when I add the chain to my layouts, it's soft and flexable and adds lots of texture.  Perfect for a handmade look.

SO lets get started.

Grab some yarn and a hook.  I used some cotton yarn, and a smallish hook (see I really don't know much about crochet!!!)

Make a slip stictch with your yarn


Pop your hook in, yarn over and pull through
and keep repeating till you have as long a length as you need



Add to your layout!!!!  I used good old Pritt Gel in a few spots to stick mine down, you could also use staples or a few handstiches to hold it in place.

If you want to see the rest of this layout not just a sneaky peak, make sure you head on over to Scraptheapy on Fridau night when all our monthly challenges will be revealed.

Take Care,

Lisa

6 comments:

mandysea said...

Love love!!! I've been crocheting for the past couple of weeks!!!
Gorgeous theme!

Allie Collyer said...

I love it Lisa. I've never crocheted before but might give it a go, your step-by-steps are fantastic :-0

Helen Jolly said...

This is so cute Lisa!
I actually even think i may beable to do that!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yay right up my alley. Love the daisy chain!

Sarah aka Byclops said...

That is SERIOUSLY cool!! Might need to pick myself up a crochet hook!!!

Samantha said...

Oh Lisa! this is just so cool! thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to give this a go!