Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Deb's ATC......

 
 
I've created an ATC (artist trading card) = a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of  creativity.
I've used some bits left over from this month's
sketch challenge sample to show you how I created the simple border around my page like the one pictured in my Sketch LO below
 


                                       ATC                                                         June Sketch Sample

Image Image
 

I've used a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Prima Lyric collection (prelude) for my base, rubbed over some Distress paint (frayed burlap) then added a cut out from the reverse side of the (prelude) paper and a sticker from the Prima Lyric collection journaling spot stickers.
Image

Using a craft knife I've cut out a border (you can use a ruler and make it straight but I prefer to go a bit random) going between the elements I have stuck on the base paper.
Image

Rough up the edges a bit if you like. I use the edge of tiny scissors on this because it's so small.
Image

Then pop it onto a 2 1/2"x 3 1/2" piece of black cardstock.

Image

On my sketch challenge page I used WRMK cardstock which is very "scratchable" and simply scratched along it with some scissors but I decided to doodle some white dots on the black cardstock and finish off the card with a quote from Nathaniel Hawthorne using these Prima alphas.
Image

I usually just pop my name and date on the back of these little cards.





3 comments:

Angela said...

Gorgeous Deb and I just adore the colours used :)

I love ATC's, haven't done them for a while now, but you may have just given me some inspiration to give them another go.

Is there any swaps up this way that you may know of or a site that does ATC Swap?.

Cheers Angie

Deb said...

Thanks, Angie. No swaps that I know of, or am a part of but I'm sure there would be heaps around.

Angela said...

Thanks Deb for the info:)