Monday, August 16, 2010

Make It Monday........2 layer flower


Who doesn't love flowers?!

And making them by hand are fun and appreciative once you know how.

Here's a little step by step on how to make the flower I've made in this layout.


This flower is made with 2 layers. I've used a piece of cardstock and a piece of patterned paper on top of each other. The square I've started with is approximately 8cms square and I've drawn a spiral shape onto it.
Cut out the spiral, cutting through both the sheets of paper until you get to the middle and leave a 10cm circle shape.
Ink the outer edges of both spirals and if you wish you can slightly turn over the outer edges also.
Starting with the outer end of the spiral, twist it around on itself until you've reached the 10cm circle piece at the end. Place a dollop of glue on the circle piece and press down the twisted flower on top of it and hold for a bit till it takes.
It may unravel a little bit but thats perfect and what we want it to do, as it will still form the flower with a little more space in between each petal.

Once dry you can use it on your layout or Off The Page project.


I've used Bella See Thruz, Ruby Rock It Rub Ons, American Craft Thickers for the flower in my layout. The See Thruz is the top layer.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you will give it a go.
If you do, there are plenty of challenges in this months Handmade Theme where you can enter your work.

Enjoy!

Bec

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yep, I have done these before, and they look fabulous...love the combination of coloured PP you have used Bec :)

scrappinallie said...

Great job Bec, I have only seen them done with one layer but I think the two look much nicer with the added colours. Love your layout too :-)

Deb said...

This is gorgeous Bec....tfs. Luv the 2 layers.

Anonymous said...

lilnayzeedayzee said:
I love the flower layout, they remind me when i was in school. But i'm so afraid to mash the flowers when putting the page into the books..

Helen Jolly said...

This is so pretty Bec!