Friday, February 22, 2013

Deb's Tag Set & Mandy's Easter Paper Bag Pocket



Deb's Treasured Tags....

Here are some tags of different sizes I have made up using scraps of Kraft as the base and the bits and pieces left over from my sample February sketch layout. I started with the biggest tag as I had taken a photo of the little chair previously and decided to pretty much design this tag to accommodate the photo. So from there that gave me the idea to make some more tags and take more photos of things around me that I treasure for different reasons.

Image

I don't measure, so I just started downsizing from the biggest one with the kraft base and simply added layers to each one from all the bits I had left over from my layout. I put the top of the paint dabber straight over the top of the punched hole on the tag and it gave that little ring effect. Some stamping, inking, sanding ......... and I had my little set.

Image

Then all tied up with some string.....
Image

Journalling on the back and ready to pop into my little keepsake box.
Image

Products used.
Kraft cardstock
MME Lost & Found 3 Ruby - grey quatrefoil, pink lace, collage stripe.
MME Lost & Found 3 Ruby - decorative buttons and adornments.
Vintage photo distress stain.
Lime twist "life of the party"twine.
Ranger Dabber- white.
Lily Bee design alpha.
Prima brick stamp.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 Mandy's Paper Bag Easter Pocket
 
Here's a lovely way to present a pocket of gift cards, tags, or coasters... anything really.... gift card/s even! I've made one of these envelope pockets before and loved it to bits (and I mean bits!!!) Time for another - this time for Easter

I've filled it with a couple of doily tags (just to show you) and coasters (still got to make a few more coasters yet) for my Easter breakfast table - I'm going with yellow for my main theme colour this year and I think I'll use this little pocket to keep my coasters in
Image


Here's how its made...
Fold one oblong paper bag
Image





You could cut the top of it with pinking shears - sew around the edges as you please, (if you want to sew across the lower horizontal edge where you can see the seam binding on mine - then do that first (unfolded) before continuing)
After you have done that - add your decorations...
Misted Tim Holtz Seam Binding with Tattered Angels Monster Mash, Lost & Found Oliver Chipboard strip and 'Happy' banner piece, Oliver Buttons(to look like a little nest of eggs)
Image
If you dont want to sew - then glue and draw on some stitches!


The little doilies were made from Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie Quinn paper(an oldie but a goodie for Easter!!!)
And there are so many choices for doily dies and to name a few =
Dizzy Doily
Decorative Doily Duo
French Pastry Doily
Nestabilities Eyelet Circles
Nestabilities Eyelet Ovals- ooh these ones in the shop look like easter eggs!

Image





Here's the coasters which are doily stickers from Lost & Found Oliver Sticker Elements and backed with Oliver Yellow Honey Paper
(the yellow is on the other side of the cream)
Image

Image



Image

Have a bit of Easter fun with some lovely presentation just from decorating a simple paper bag!
 


No comments: