Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Deb's PL style 6x12 page

 
 
If you aren't quite into the Project Life but would like to incorporate something different  with your scrapping every now and then:-
Deb explains below how she mixes in 6x12 Project Life style page inserts into her usual 12x12 albums....
 
 
I've been enjoying "pocket scrapbooking" for a little while now, popping the divided refills into my albums amongst my 12 x 12 layouts. I like that it adds interest to my albums and one of my favourite refills is the 6 x 12 divided one. So, with that one in mind, I thought I would use both sides of this refill to do a little project and photo/document a week "outside." These refills also come in handy to add extra photos to compliment a 12 x 12 layout. (you know when you only use 1 on a layout and you have 1/2 dozen more that you love).

So with 1/2 sheet of Echo Park Beautiful Life teal/navy this is what I did.

I sanded both sides of it first and gave it a bit of a mist with Tattered angels (graphite). Then cut it into 3 4x6 pieces and sanded the edges of each piece (both sides).
Image

Image

Then laid them out like this.
Image

So now along with some fussy cut flower sprays from 1/2 sheet of Echo Park Beautiful Life bouquets paper, some strips from the Echo Park Beautiful Life borders paper and the alpha sticker sheet + my ATC that I made earlier, I am ready to start my week of photos and journaling.
Image

Firstly I decided that my middle section of the first side would be basically the "title" so I decorated that first. Cutting the banner pieces from the border paper, I inked the edges in black versa colour and made 2 little banners using Darice washi tape to hold the flags together.
Image

Then added some of the fussy cut flowers (I outlined them in black pen), alphas and a punched butterfly, I had my title for this project and then it was just a matter of doing it day by day and dividing a couple of the 4x6's into 2 days to fit it all in.
Image

So after a week of taking a photo a day of some things "outside" my house, I have this little insert to pop amongst my 12 x 12's.
Image

Image

Here's a divided 4x6 to include 2 days.
Image

A full 4x6 photo for a day.
Image

and a day using my previously made ATC as an embellie.
Image

If you haven't yet gotten into the Project Life style of scrapbooking, why not give something like this a go. I really love looking through my 12 x 12 layouts and coming across these little inserts along the way.


2 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the photos and the banners you created! FABULOUS!

Hopes Handcrafts said...

oh I love what you have done, Deb! Wonderful!