Friday, November 16, 2012

Deb's December Daily 2012 Covers....

 
I've followed along the same lines as Mandy with her December Daily covers using these Prima Resist covers except I have only used one for the front and have made a back for the album from some thick card and covered it with Dark Kraft cardstock. So, this year, I have a bigger page size and I also decided to try to make my covers not so Christmas related iykwim - just a hint in the colours and banners. As this is only my second December Daily I'm still learning, and we'll see if the bigger size and not having "pre-done" pages works for me.

I've misted the cover with Tattered Angels glimmermists (LED red and English Ivy) and added a dash of Dylusions pure sunshine and given it a light spray with water. The red was not the colour I wanted to achieve so with a bit more green sprayed over the top and a little water to blend it, I finally got the result I wanted. I've added a little MME wood frame (just popped out the centre part and rubbed it over with some brown ink), some Prima flowers and lace and made up some banners from the Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage range from which I will be making most of the album from.

FRONT
Image

and BACK
Image

I've covered the inside of the front and back covers with dark kraft as well and encased some ribbon from an old stationery set that belonged to my Mum to tie up the album.



Other products used......
Cosmo Cricket ribbon
Liquid pearls - rouge and advocado.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fabulous album. I love the banners and all your details!!

Jennifer Grace said...

Stunning album! I love the colours, and the bunting, and the string! I also think it's fantastic that you've added detail to the back too!

Here's my album prep for this year's December daily: My December Daily/JYC Preparations