So there is a special family recipe below - for those of you who can guess the secret ingredient pop me an e-mail for a 15% discount voucher - for those of you who want to know the secret will be revealed in your next order.
Halloween Cheesecake Recipe - takes about 10 minutes to make and an hour to cook.
2/3 cup Butter - melted
3 tablespoons of Sugar
2 cups of Crumbed Plain Biscuits - Arrowroot work well
1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Combine all crust ingredients and mix well - Press into the bottom of a 9" Spring Form Cake Pan.
**The mixture for the Filling is rather runny before cooking so it needs a sided baking dish of some sort if you don't have a Spring Form Cake Pan.
500 grams Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Plain F1our
4 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon All Spice
AND THE SECRET INGREDIENT!
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until mixed well.
- Beat in flour.
- Add eggs one at a time while beating.
- Stir in THE SECRET INGREDIENT, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice.
- Bake at 150C for about 1 hour, until firm in the centre. Cool to room temp. Refrigerate overnight
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, if you have an extra sweet tooth add a good pour of maple syrup.
Oh and this recipe is great for any time of the year, not just Halloween